Monday, March 9, 2009

DAY ONE: Meet the Parents!

Hi ya. I'm an 8 week old pup, and I came from Tennessee. I think I am part Labrador, part Beagle, but I'm not really sure. I was picked up by the North Shore Animal League van that drives across the country picking up puppies from different shelters and puppy mills.

Saturday Feb 28th 2008 is the day my life changed forever. I was sleeping in a cage after days of being prodded and poked by the nice people at North Shore. Then one morning, at exactly 10am, there was suddenly a rush of people in the puppy room.

Right away I was picked up by a family. There was a daddy, a mommy and two daughters. The mommy and one girl held me for a good 15 minutes while the daddy and other daughter went to look at another puppy. Luckily, they got tired and decided to put me back for a few minutes.

Right after I got put back in the cage, I saw my Mom. It was love at first sight. Before they even closed the cage, my Mom ran over and asked to hold me. I did my best to be a good puppy, and tried my hardest to win over Dad. He thought I looked like a Puggle, and kept saying that he wasn't "in-love" with me. But thankfully, Mom really liked me alot, and Dad is a softie.

My soon to be Mom and Dad filled out all the paper work and went to the pet store across the street to pick up food, water bowls, puppy treats and puppy pads for me. Then they picked me up and we were off!

I slept through the whole drive, and then I got to spend some time in my new home. Then we went to Petco in the city where me and my new family met a nice dog owner and his dog Clay who came from North Shore too.

Overall it was a great day!

Favorite part of today: Finding my Forever Home!
New stuff: Nylabone, mini-kong, leash, dog bowls, piddle pads

1 comment: